Meetings

A Little Bit of Club History

On June 19th, 1953 the Calgary North Hill Lions Club was chartered.  Twenty-six Lions became charter members with Lion Paul H. Hansen the Charter President.  The Lions Club of Calgary, chartered in 1929, was the sponsoring club.  Other Lions clubs chartered in Calgary in 1953 were Bow Island, Bearspaw, and Rosebud. 
 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Obviously, our world in 1953 looked somewhat different than today.  Here are a few things that were going on in 1953:

More information coming!

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Lions Clubs International News
Connect with Us Online
Twitter