WHO ARE THE GIG HARBOR LIONS
Proudly serving the Gig Harbor, Washington, community since 1931!
Our members are very different in many ways, but we share a core belief - our community is what we make it. That's because we help where help is needed. In short, We Serve.
The Lions Club is the largest service organization in the world with over 1.35 million members in some 46,000 clubs in 207 countries.
We are a friendly, caring group of men and women who are passionate about helping others. We volunteer our time and talents to make a difference in our community and worldwide. Here are some examples of the things our club has done recently to serve our community:
- Helped with District 19-C environment clean-up in neighboring Puyallup, Washington
- Donated $500 to the fund for victims of the mudslide disaster in Oso, Washington
- Awarded $1500 scholarships to two excellent high school students in Gig Harbor (one from Gig Harbor High School and one from Peninsula High School)
- Presented over 500 English Dictionaries to local 3rd grade students
- Collected food and raised funds for Food Backpacks for Kids
- Collected, counted and sorted over 1,000 pairs of used eyeglasses
- Provided volunteers for the Lions Health Screening Van to screen for vision and diabetes related issues
If you (or your friends or family members) would like to become involved in an upcoming project, or join our Lions Club, you can contact us in one of these three ways:
- Call us at (253) 884-6959
- Email one of our Club Officers and request more information
- Attend one of our meetings - you are always welcome! First and third Tuesdays at 12 noon in the Rainier Room at Harbor Place by Cottesmore (1016 29th St. NW, Gig Harbor 98335)
Lions Clubs International is the world's largest service club organization with more than 1.3 million members in approximately 45,000 clubs in more than 200 countries and geographical areas around the world.