WE ARE THE GIG HARBOR LIONS!
Proudly serving the Gig Harbor, Washington, community since 1931!
Our members are very different in many ways, but we share a core belief - our community is what we make it. WHERE THERE'S A NEED, THERE'S A LION!
Lions International is the world's largest service organization with over 1.4 million members in some 47,000 clubs in 210 countries.
We are a friendly, caring group of men and women who are passionate about helping others. We volunteer our time and talents to make a difference in our community and worldwide. Here are some examples of the things our club does in our community and around the world:
- Eyeglass and hearing aid assistance to seniors and children.
- College scholarships to our three local high schools
- Collect food and money for the Backpacks 4 Kids Program
- Organize the annual Christmas Giving Tree for the Gig Harbor community
- Diabetes awareness programs
- 3rd Grade Dictionary Program
- Environmental Projects
- Veterans Services
- Worldwide Disaster Releif
- Fundraising photo calendar
- New Friends, fun social events!
If you (or your friends or family members) would like to become involved in an upcoming project, or join our Lions Club, you can contact us in one of the following ways:
- Call Club President Sue Schmidt at 941-962-3913
- Email another of our Club Officers and request more information
- Attend one of our meetings - you are always welcome! Second and fourth Wednesdays at 5:30 PM in the Theater Room at Harbor Place by Cottesmore (1016 29th St. NW, Gig Harbor 98335)
- Visit us on Facebook
Lions Clubs International is the world's largest service club organization with more than 1.4 million members in approximately 46,000 clubs in more than 200 countries and geographical areas around the world.