The mission of the Manassas Host Lions Club is to serve our neighbors and community, to help the less fortunate, and to raise funds to finance our charitable programs.
In addition to our commitment to aid those in need of sight and hearing assistance, we also perform other regular community activities such as, the following:
- We schedule and operate the Lion's Mobile Sight and Hearing Screening Van throughout the year.
- We help pay for glasses, hearing aids, sight and hearing exams. If you or someone you know needs assistance, please cal l The Prince William County Lions Clubs 24-hour hotline at (703) 335-5400
- Our club is responsible for cleaning up a stretch of Sudley Road twice a year.
- Leader dogs for the sight impaired Special Olympics
- Habitat for Humanity
- John Downs Scholarship for physically challenged
- Ground Hog Supper
- Greeting WW-II and other veterans visiting their memorials in Washington, DC through the Honor Flight Network.
The Manassas Host Lions raise money, mostly returned to the community, to provide those in need sight & hearing exams, glasses:and hearing aids. We also support other community non profits, including the schools and school activities, fire and rescue, nursing homes, and many other organizations in need of financial and service assistance.
But it's not all work - We build "fun" into every activity. Accordingly, our fundraisers and community activities are less demanding and keep our members interested. We have a family picnic each September, Holiday party in December, Ladies Night in February, and many different events with our spouses and families throughout the year.