TO VOLUNTEER FOR MANASSAS FALL JUBILEE 2016
PLEASE VISIT OUR FACEBOOK EVENT PAGE TODAY!
The Manassas Host Lions Club was chartered on September 10, 1947. We meet on the 2nd and 4th Wednesday of each month (excluding one meeting in both July and August) at the Baker-Post Community Center in Manassas, Virginia.
• Pay quarterly dues of $95. They cover international and state dues, a subscription to the Lions magazine, and meals at two monthly meetings.
• Take part in fundraising activities
• Be active on one or more service committees
• Attend Regional/State meetings when possible
• 10K Raffle
• White Cane Day
• Texas Hold ‘Em Tournament
• Groundhog Supper
• Annual Charity Golf Tournament
- Provide eye exams, glasses, eye operations and special vision equipment
- Collect used eyeglasses
- Work with and fund the sight and hearing van
- Provide hearing exams, operations and hearing aids
- Support Special Olympics
- Support Bland Music Competition
- Greet WW-II Veterans through Honor Flight, Inc.
- Johnny Downs Scholarship award
- Support and volunteer for Remote Access Medical (RAM)
- Road cleanup (Adopt-a-highway)
- Respond to the the Lions Hotline for one month a year
- Volunteer and donate to SERVE
- Birmingham Green Picnic/Cookouts (twice yearly)
- Million Tree Planting Campaign
- Summer Picnic
- Christmas Holiday Party
- Manassas Christmas Parade
- Participate in Manassas Fall Jubilee