West Charleston Lions Club
♦Charity High School All-Star Football Game♦
- Over 45 years the LVWCLC has promoted this game making it our major fund raiser
- Division winning coaches recruit Senior Gridders from the Las Vegas area
- Many players receive scholarships and/or go on to college and professional football
- Funds raised from admissions and program ad sales are donated to the Las Vegas community and other Lions Club projects
♦Blind Center of Nevada♦
Our club supports the Blind Center of Nevada both financially and in service. Many years ago Helen Keller asked the Lions to be her "Knights of the Blind" and we have made the Blind Center one of our priorities. Monthly we serve lunch to the clients in lieu of a regular meeting and we also meet there monthly to sort and clean recycled eyeglasses.
♦Lions In Sight Eyeglass Recycling and Clinic♦
Lions In Sight Eyeglass Recycling - Every year our club and others throughout Southern Nevada recycle tens of thousands of eyeglasses to be distributed around the world to those who cannot afford them.
Lions In Sight Eyeglass Clinics - West Charleston Lions have ventured to foreign lands along with optomotrists to provide eye exams and free eye glasses and assist in creating permanent clinics to distribute recycled eyeglasses.
♦Lions Camp Dat-So-La-Lee♦
Each year some of our members give a week of their time to host underpriviledged children at a Lions Summer Camp in the Ruby Mountains of Northern Nevada - a rewarding experience for the adults as well as the children.
♦Lions Burn Unit at UMC♦
- Services all of Nevada, Northern Arizona and parts of California
- Modern equipment and treatment for serious burn injuries
- Equipment purchased with donations from Las Vegas West Charleston Lions Club
♦Adopt A Highway♦
♦Lions Flag Day♦
Each year we educate students about the history, meaning and value of "Old Glory" in an assembly.
♦Student Speaker Contest♦
Students compete for college scholarships on topics of interest in today's world.
And Many More......