Meetings
Members

 

Welcome to the Decatur Lions Club

 

Decatur, Georgia chartered its Lions Club in 1932. The first President was W.J. Scott, and the first secretary was Thomas H. Collins. The motto of Lions Club International, "We Serve" was adopted at the first meeting. The Decatur Lions Club has been serving Decatur and DeKalb County for the past 87 years.

The Decatur Lions proudly supports a variety of causes which are outlined below:

* Georgia Lions Camp for the Blind, Inc. 5626 Laura Walker Rd. Waycross, Ga. 31503

* Food donations: For the Decatur Emergency Assistance Food Pantry in DeKalb County.

*Georgia Lions Lighthouse Foundation, Inc. 5582 Peachtree Rd. Chamblee, Ga. 30341; 404-325-3630; www..LighthouseGeorgia.org

* PJ Packs for distribution to childrens' hospital.

* Collection of used hearing aids, used eye glasses and used cell phones for refurbishing and re-distribution to needy persons. Referrals to Sound Waves- the pediatric hearing aid program.

* Donations to Lions Club International Foundation for disaster relief in the United States and other countries. 

* Diabetes awareness programs for adults and juveniles.

 

Lions Clubs International is the world's largest service club organization with more than 1.4 million members in approximately 46,000 clubs in more than 200 countries and geographical areas around the world.

Lions Clubs International News
Connect with Us Online
Twitter