Meetings

The Lions Club of Bowmanville was sponsored by the Port Hope Lions Club and the Toronto Central Lions Club the first regular meeting of the club took place on May 7, 1935, in the Bowman House.  Meetings would later be held at the Balmoral Hotel and then at the Sons of England Hall which became the club's permanent home. The club purchased the building in 1945, erected its first addition in 1953, and it became the Lions Community Centre.  Although the building was later sold to the Municipality of Clarington and is now known as the Clarington Beech Centre we still meet at the same location for our regular meetings and other club functions.

The Lions Club of Bowmanville over the years has served the community in many different ways.  Donations have been made to those in need and worthy projects within the community, the district, the multiple districts and Lions International.  Lions are known worldwide for their work with the blind. 

To keep up-to-date and see photos from our most recent events, check out our Facebook page. 

 

Committees

  • Finance
  • Awards
  • Membership
  • Attendance
  • Program
  • Lions International Relations, Education & Conventions
  • Bulletin
  • Constitution
  • Vision Screening
  • Effective Speaking & Peace Poster
  • Public Relations
  • Special Events/BBQ
  • Youth Activities
  • Bar

President: Lion Moe Richards

1st Vice President:  Lion Dianne Short

2nd Vice President: Lion Joan Putnam

Treasurer: Lion Deborah Churchill

Secretary: Lion Steve Coles

Tail Twister: Lion Michelle Brotherton

BBQ Chair: Lion Joseph Hackett/Lion Jim Coombes

Lions Clubs International News
Connect with Us Online
Twitter