The Lions Club of Nelson chartered in 1945
70 years of community and humanitarian service
Who We Are
We are a non political, non denominational Service Club and Registered Charity. Our function is to serve our community through fund raising and offering assistance to community projects and the less fortunate.
What We Do
- Annual July 1st Pancake Breakfast on Baker St. (held for more than 50 years)
- Nelson Uphill Lions Park and Lions Point Garden on the Centennial Walkway
- Catering, (Pancake breakfasts, burgers etc.)
- Annual Firewood Sales
- Equipment Rental - Casino Equipment, Tables, Chairs, Grills or Chuckwagon
- Investors Tent - setup and take down for community events
- Xmas Tree Pickup
- Lions Mint Sales
- Guide Dog/Service Dog Walk for awareness
- Recycle used eye glasses
- Recycle Ink Jet Cartridges
- Aluminum tabs - collection for Easter Seals Camp Winfield
- Collect Canadian Tire Coupns for Guide/Service Dogs in Canada
- Club Picnics and interaction with other clubs
- Contribute to Lions International for financial help to countries throughout the world suffering from man-made or natural disasters.
Visting Lions please call ahead and come to one of our two dinner meetings held each month in Nelson's most historic hotel. We always enjoy meeting with visiting Lions. A letter will be given to you confirming your visitation to take back to your club. Please come and plan your make up meeting with us and let us help you maintain your 100% attendance. Visiting Lions are always welcome to join in any of our activities. However, if you are not able to come to a dinner meeting the President of the club or delegate would love to meet with you.
Lions is recruiting new members. Remember applicants can be both women and men over 18 years of age. No experience is necessary, as we will teach skills in volunteering and leadership. We need younger members to learn from those with more experience to keep up with the needs of the community. Many hands make for light work.
Lions Clubs International is the world's largest service club organization with more than 1.4 million members in approximately 46,000 clubs in more than 200 countries and geographical areas around the world.