The Farmville Lions Club welcomes you to explore our 93 years of service to the Farmville area. Come find out how you can join with the more than 50 men and women who support the mission and vision of Lions Club Interrnational right here in our hometown.
The Farmville Lions Club motto is WE SERVE.
Farmville Lions raise funds to support local, state and international causes with the focus on eyesight and hearing. Our major fundraising events are:
* White Cane Days - this year scheduled on Friday, March 31st and Saturday, April 1st at Walmart in Farmville, Virginia. 100% of the funds raised are kept here to be used in our community efforts - come out and support your local Lions! Volunteer spots still open, too - call Darrell at 434.315.5845 or Marvin at 434.392.5553.
Are you interested in sponsoring at this event? Click here
* Lions of Virginia Foundation Ticket Raffle - contact your local Lion to purchase tickets for your chance at $10,000!!!!!! Tickets available until early May. 70% of the funds raised are kept here for our community efforts. Call Vellie Dietrich-Hall at 703.786.3999 for tickets.
* Broom sales - Coming Fall 2017!
Farmville Lions collect and recycle used eyeglasses and you can help! All types of glasses are needed - prescription, non-prescription, reading and sunglasses, and especially children’s eyeglasses. For a list of the collection sites, click on the Eyeglass Collection Sites box at left.
Serving the Farmville Area since 1923
The Farmville Lions Club was chartered on June 23, 1923. Composed of Farmville’s leaders of business, industry, government, and education, the 31-member charter group devoted its efforts to supporting community enterprises designed to enhance the area’s amenities to residents, guests, and prospective commercial interests. Following the adoption by Lions Clubs International of service to the vision and hearing impaired, as well as awareness of the devastating effects of diabetes on vision, the Farmville Lions Club dedicated its service efforts to provide assistance at the local level.
Today’s Farmville Lions Club continues the legacy of service by conducting fundraising projects to provide :
- Vision screenings, vision exams, and eyeglasses for school children, as well as Department of Social Services referred recipients;
- Coordination with DSS and the Longwood Speech, Hearing and Learning Clinic (LSHLC) to provide hearing exams and auditory appliances for referred recipients;
- Assistance to local organizations providing support to those in need in our community; and
- Service projects and funds to assist Burkeville Lodge, Virginia’s only camp for the blind.
We invite you to explore our website and visit our Facebook page (Farmville Lions Club) to learn more about the activities of the Farmville Lions Club. How can you help us serve?
Lions Clubs International is the world's largest service club organization: more than 1.4 million members in over 46,000 clubs in 210 countries and geographical areas around the world.
Lions Clubs International is the world's largest service club organization with more than 1.4 million members in approximately 46,000 clubs in more than 200 countries and geographical areas around the world.