Welcome to the Canal Winchester Lions' Page
May is going to be a busy month for us. The 7th is our flower sale. If you have pre-ordered from us, you can find your order in the north parking lot of the High School. Since it is the day before Mother's Day, we will have some extra pots you can give as gifts!
The 11th we are hosting the circus. We've been actively selling tickets for the past several weeks. They are selling very well. If you would like to get pre-sale tickets (cheaper) or to learn more click the link on the left.
On the 19th 1VDGe Mike Kerek will be with us inducting our officers for next year and three new members.
It is a great time to be a Lion.
Page Last Updated: May 1, 2016
Lions Clubs International is the world's largest service club organization with 1.3 million members in more than 44,000 clubs in approximately 185 countries and geographical areas. Lions are men and women who volunteer their time to humanitarian causes. The Canal Winchester Lions have been helping your community since 1939!
Globally Lions Clubs have:
- Funded 47 eye clinics and hospitals that are completed or under construction. (One is located in Columbus!)
- Provided more than 1,022,000 cataract surgeries.
- Allowed more than six million patients to be screened for eye disease.
- Lions annually collect more than three million pairs of old, unwanted eyeglasses for free distribution to the poor in developing countries.
The Canal Winchester, Lions:
- Support local families with eye care needs.
- Perform community beautification projects.
- Sponsor a Christmas party for local youths.
- Sponsor the Canal Winchester Leo Club, a community service club for high school students.
- Sponsor a local Pinewood Derby Contest
- Support the Cub and Boy Scouts - Troops 103.
- Work with the local food bank and scouts for collecting donations
Lions Clubs International is the world's largest service club organization with more than 1.4 million members in approximately 46,000 clubs in more than 200 countries and geographical areas around the world.