2013 Allen High Noon Lions Club Duck Derby Rules
1. Plastic ducks will be raced in the creek located in the Watters Creek Development in Allen, Texas.
2. All ducks entered will be provided by the Allen High Noon Lions Club (AHNLC) and remain the property of the AHNLC.
3. Each duck entered in the race will be assigned a unique number.
4. Ducks are adopted (participants acquire and receive a number corresponding to one of the 3000 ducks in the race). The number of ducks adopted and entered in the race is limited to 3000 ducks. Regardless of the number of ducks adopted, 3000 ducks will still be entered in the race.
5. Winners shall be determined by the order in which the ducks cross the finish line as determined by the AHNLC judges. Their decisions are final. The registered names that correspond to the “winning” ducks will be awarded prizes.
6. The first 10 ducks to cross the finish line are deemed “Lucky Duck” Finalists. A single number between 1 and 3000 will be pre-selected prior to the race. This number is the only potential grand prize winning number. Upon completion of the race, the numbers from the 10 Lucky Duck Finalists will be compared to the winning grand prize number. If a Lucky Duck Finalist’s number matches the winning grand prize number, this finalist is deemed to be the winner of the $100,000 grand prize.
7. Entrants need not be present to win. Winners not present will be notified within fourteen working days after the race. If any prizes are left unclaimed after thirty days following the race, the prizes will be forfeited by that race winner.
8. Any and all taxes and fees are the sole responsibility of the winners. No cash equivalent prizes will be provided in lieu of the designated prizes. A list of prizes shall be available to entrants on the day of the race. Restrictions and limitations may apply to the prizes awarded.
9. By entering, winners consent to the promotional use of their names and likeness without additional compensation.
10. All decisions and interpretations of rules and regulations will be made by the AHNLC and judgment is final.
11. By entering, entrants release the AHNLC and its members, agents, employees, and other related entities from any and all liability with respect to prizes.
12. A parent or legal guardian must be present with a child to claim a prize.