Meetings

Churchville Lions Club     1950-2022          72 Years of Service

The Churchville Lions Club was organized in 1950, with the Gates Lions Club as its sponsor.   The lions club takes the Lions International motto “We Serve” very serious.  The list of projects done over the past 70 + years is too long to list.

One of the rules from Lions International is; 100% of the profits raised by community money goes back to the community. The Lions themselves cover what overhead the club has.

In 1997 the club built a building on land that the town provided for a medical loan closet.  The money for this project came from the donation by the Pearl Redfern estate.  This service project of free medical equipment is highly used with the average of 3 or 4 loans per week.

This very active club started life with approx. 20 members and now has over 70. We provide assistance to many organization (fire department, village signs, library, the CCS District, etc.).

Catering has become a major fund raiser; Chicken BBQ for the Winter Fest, and the August Chicken BBQ have become annual events.  We cook food for the Lunch at the Dump, FRESPA, CEPSA, Camp Abilities and others upon request.

The Lions have built 4 playgrounds at the different schools and the Town Park, as well as, supplying labor for the Village stone wall at the Gazebo.

The club has created leaders both in the club and in the town.  We have had two District Governs- Peter Neidrauer and John Rabideau who also went on to be an International Director.

New members are always welcomed to join the Churchville Lions Club as “We Serve”

 

 

 

 

 

Lions Clubs International is the world's largest service club organization with more than 1.4 million members in approximately 46,000 clubs in more than 200 countries and geographical areas around the world.

Lions Clubs International News
Connect with Us Online
Twitter