The Westminster Lions Club was founded in 1959. The original charter was granted on June 28th. Frank Onischuck, the first president of the club, received the charter from Steven Wadach, district governor of Warren and Lois Jusgnan, district governor-elect of the Leominster Lions. The Leominster Club sponsored Westminster. The presentation was made during a banquet at fenno Auditorium which followed a social hour and firemen's muster demonstration. Dancing at the Westminster Country Club completed the evening.

Since its inception, The Westminster Lions have contributed and donated thousands of dollars to the International, National and Massachusetts Lions. Generous donations have been sent, on a regular basis, to the Lions Club International Fund (LCIF), Mass. Lions Eye Research, Lions Lazarus Program, and to the District 33A Sight and Hearing Fund and Sightmobile.

While the contributions to the larger Lions umbrella are significant, it is the work done in Westminster that ties the Westminster Lions to the very fabric and social structure of the community. Over the past 50 years, the Lions have held numerous fundraisers that benefited many town organizations.

2015-2016 Officers:

President:     Kris Lucander

1st Vice President:   Pete Rathier

Treasurer:     Joyce Lucander

Secretary:    Tom Erickson



Lions Clubs International is the world's largest service club organization with more than 1.4 million members in approximately 46,000 clubs in more than 200 countries and geographical areas around the world.

Lions Clubs International News
Connect with Us Online