Welcome to The Westborough Lions Club
Follow Us on Facebook!
Tricentennial Tennis Tournament Info, Registration, Payment:
Westborough Lions Keep On Growing!
District 33A DG Inducts Burton Christiansen on February 15, 2017
(L to R)
Tim Devault, District 33A 2nd Vice District Governor
Teri LaCoy, District 33A Cabinet Secretary Treasurer
Lisa Nelson, District 33A Governor
Burton Christiansen, Westborough Lions Inductee
Tony Ash, Westborough Lions Treasurer
You Can Make A Difference
Since 1917, local Lions clubs have offered people just like you the opportunity to give something back to their community. Today, with over 1.35 million members in over 206 countries and geographic areas, Lions have expanded their focus to help meet the ever increasing needs of our society.
As a member of The Westborough Lions, you become aware of the needs of our coummunity and have the advantage to effectively make a difference. Our District provides volunteers with project management assistance, leadership training, personal development opportunities and organized fundraising programs. Being a Lion empowers you to help in a way that no one person could alone.
Now more than ever, people with vision problems, the environment, our senior community, our youth, and the disadvantaged locally and around the world need your help. By participating in the Westborough Lions Club, you can help meet pressing needs in our community and around the world.
Local and District Lions Charities include:
- Massachusetts Lions Eye Research Fund - Supports Research in Boston & Worcester
- Sight and Hearing Fund- Provides grants for eye and hearing related needs
- Lions Club International Fund-Supports projects for blindness, clinics, & natural disasters
- Barton Center for Diabetes Education-camping and educational programs for children with diabetes
- NEADS-Training cener for Assistance Dogs in Princeton, MA
- Lazarus Program-Organ and tissue donor program
The Westborough Lions Club was re-established in 1994 by citizens with a sense of commitment to the community and the desire to make a difference. Since then, with a small but dedicated membership, the Club has raised and donated back to the Town and various Lions causes, tens of thousands of dollars in cash, goods, and services.
The Westborough Lions have provided or supported:
- Local Boy Scout Troops
- Barton Center for Diabetes Education Campership Scholarships
- Medical Equipment to the Westborough Senior Center
- Reading Machine for the Library
- Free eye examinations, eyeglasses, and hearing aids for local residents
- Eyeglass Recycling, over 2000 pairs donated to Volunteer Optometry Students for Humanity (VOSH).
- Middle School Peace Poster Contest
- Statewide Youth Speech Contest for High School Students
- The Town Fourth of July Celebration (Dunk Tank)
- Peabody Essex Museum Pass at Westborough Library
- Free Vision Screening
The Westborough Lions have donated over $11,000 to the Mass Lions Eye Research fund since 2000. See how this amazing fund has prevented and cured eye-related diseases. To learn more, please visit http://masslionseyeresearchfund.org.
Recycle Your Old Eyeglasses, Sunglasses, and Readers!
We have donation boxes located at:
- The Westborough Spectacle Shoppe
- The Westborough Library
- Westborough Eye Care
- Roche Bros. at Bay State Commons
- Westborough Senior Center
LET US HELP YOU! If your organization has a special need, or you know of someone who does, email any member. We wil consider any reasonable request.
Lions Clubs International is the world's largest service club organization with more than 1.4 million members in approximately 46,000 clubs in more than 200 countries and geographical areas around the world.