PO Box 541, Washington, PA 15301
The club was chartered 1927, and sponsored by the downtown Pittsburgh Lions Club. There were only three Lions clubs in existence in Western Pennsylvania then, Pittsburgh, Donora and McKeesport.
Chartered August 10, 1927
THE OLDEST CLUB IN THE DISTRICT
Club Motto: Honesty, Integrity, Charity
Multiple District 14
Meet the 2nd and 4th Wednesday 6 pm
680 W Chestnut St
July 27, District Reorganization and Banner Exchnge Meeting, 12:30 pm, Bull Skin Twp Masonic Temple
August 4, Board Meeting 6pm, South Side Restaurant
August 13, Genreal Meeting
August 27, General Meeting
At the July 23 steak fry, PDG Eric Dolfi installed 2014 officers and presented Lion Treasurer Bill Baxendell with a prestigious Lions of Pennsylvania Foundation Fellow Award.. All of the 50 in attendance expressed their appreciation for all the hard work Lion Bill has done over the years. Lion Chef Gerry Tinkerhoof grilled steaks for the event. Food and camaraderie were great.
New Club President Hans Papenbrock gives impassioned first speech as King Lion
PDG Eric pinning the award on Lion Bill Baxendall
Incoming President Hans, Outgoing President Frank, PDG Eric
.WANT TO JOIN OUR CLUB
What DO We Do
Fund Raising: 100% of funds raised goes to Charity
- Selling Lions Brooms at West Washington Hardware
- Selling garbage bags at Dependable Electric
- Selling Lions Toaster tongs
- Lemonade stand at Summer Farmers Market
- Selling Koeze's Nut products at Christmas
Service and Fun Activity
- Award $1000 scholarships to three local high school graduates
- Host club members at summer Steak Fry
- Host a Pony World Series Team for a picnic
- Sell concessions for Pony Baseball at the Lion John Duskey Concession Stand at the Pony World Series
- Sponsors of W&J Lions Club
- Sponsor 3 campers each year to Beacon Lodge
- Donate to 2000 Turkey Fund
- Maintain the Lions Pavilion at Washington Park
- Give 4 awards to Washington Park School
- Enter the Lions Float in Washington City Christmas Parade
- Support the City Mission
- Support Boy Scouts
- Support Teen Challenge
- Support Leader Dog and Puppy Dog Programs
- Partner with The Washington Wild Things Professional Baseball Team to support the Washington Food Bank
- Support Washington County Community Foundation
- Donate to eye, cure for cancer, hearing and diabetes research
- Collected 25359 used glasses since 2004 and sent them for repair and reuse.
What all Lions DO
1,360,121 Million Members in 2014
Lions Clubs – Ready to Help, Worldwide
Whenever a Lions club gets together, problems get smaller. And communities get better. That's because we help where help is needed – in our own communities and around the world – with unmatched integrity and energy.
The World's Largest Service Club Organization
Our 46,000 clubs and 1.3 million members make us the world's largest service club organization. We're also one of the most effective. Our members do whatever is needed to help their local communities. Everywhere we work, we make friends. With children who need eyeglasses, with seniors who don’t have enough to eat and with people we may never meet.
Learn More About Lions Clubs
- Find out about Lions Clubs International and our mission and history.
- Access member resources, including logos, forms and publications.
- Learn about our dedicated volunteer leaders from around the world.
- Contact staff at our International Headquarters in Oak Brook, Illinois, USA.
See the latest information from District 14-M:
In 1925, Helen Keller challenged Lions to become "knights of the blind in the crusade against darkness." And we accepted. Today, sight programs remain one of our defining cause
Selling Premium Quality Garbage Bags at
221 Ridge Ave, Washington, PA 15301
Selling brooms at West Washington Hardware
485 West Chestnut Street Washington, PA 15301
Brooms are made in Freeport. Pa. USA
Left is porch/sidewalk broom $12, right is kitchen broom $10
Brooms last a lifetime and monies from sold brooms helps eradicate blindness
Red handled kids broom and whisk broom: $5
Lions sell toaster tongs
Lions Clubs International is the world's largest service club organization with more than 1.3 million members in approximately 45,000 clubs in more than 200 countries and geographical areas around the world.