PO Box 541, Washington, PA 15301
The club was chartered 1927, and sponsored by the downtown Pittsburgh Lions Club. There were only three Lions clubs in existence in Western Pennsylvania then, Pittsburgh, Donora and McKeesport.
Chartered August 10, 1927
THE OLDEST CLUB IN THE DISTRICT
Club Motto: Honesty, Integrity, Charity
Multiple District 14
Meet the 2nd and 4th Wednesday 6 pm
680 W Chestnut St
November 12 Membership Meeting @ 6 PM
WE WILL BE TOURING THE CATERPILLAR FACTORY. PLEASE MEET AT ENTRANCE TO PLANT ACROSS FROM CHARTIERS HOUSTON HIGH SCHOOL AT 6PM.
WE WILL BE GOING TO BEECHIES RESTAURANT AFTER FOR MEAL AND MEETING.
Thursday, Nov. 20, 2014
JOINT SERVICE COMITTEE LUNCHEON NOV 20. NOT SIGNED UP??
CONTACT LION BILL 724-228-1671 NO LATER THAN THIS SUNDAY NOV 8
Christmas Party, Wed. Dec. 10, 2014
PLEASE MARK YOUR CALENDARS NOW FOR CHRISTMAS PARTY DEC 10 6PM AT NAPOLI RESTAURANT. INVITATIONS TO FOLLOW. RSVP TO CAROL BRODERICK OR DICK SHEARER NO LATER THAN DEC 3.
ONCE AGAIN WE ARE BUYING CRISTMAS GIFTS FOR CYS LESS FORTUNATE CHILDREN. WE ARE ASKING FOR $15. OR MORE FROM EACH MEMBER. PLEASE MAIL CHECKS TO BILL BAXENDELL, 5000 DIVIDEND DR., WASH., PA 15301. CHECKS PAYABLE TO WASH LIONS CLUB
LION DAVE HAPCHUK HAS GENEROUSLY DONATED HALF OF THE PROFITS FROM THE MYSTERY DINNER THEATER TO THE WASHINGTON LIONS CLUB. ALSO RECEIVING THE OTHER HALF WAS THE WOUNDED WARRIOR PROGRAM. OUR SHARE WAover $6000.. WE HAVE DECIDED TO GIVE $1,000.00 TO THE WOUNDED WARRIORS ALSO. WE HAVE INVITED A REPRESENTATIVE AND GUEST TO THE CHRISTMAS PARTY FOR PRESENTATION. THANK YOU MR. AND MRS. DAVE HAPCHUK FOR ALL YOU DO AND HAVE DONE FOR THE WASHINGTON LIONS.
NOVEMBER 12 WILL BE THE ONLY MEMBERSHIP MEETING IN NOVEMBER.
PLEASE SEE LION SHEARER FOR KOEZE NUT BROCHURES. THIS PROJECT DETERMINES WHAT WE DO NEXT YEAR.
NUT SALES WILL BE FIRST THREE SATURDAYS IN DECEMBER. SEE SIGN UP SHEET. LET MARY JO KNOW WHEN YOU’RE AVAILABLE. .
DUES BILLINGS WILL BE GOING OUT THIS WEEK. COST PER YEAR IS $65.00. YEAR GOES FROM OCT TO OCT.
Lemonade Stand-Farmers Market
DUE TO VERY LIMITED TRAFFIC KING LION HANS HAS DECIDED TO END THE LEMONADE STAND FOR THE YEAR. WE HAVE BEEN INFORMED THAT THE ROOF WILL BE UP FOR NEXT YEAR WHICH WILL MEAN LESS SET UP. MORE TO FOLLOW.
THANK YOU TO THE MEMBERS WHO VOLUNTEERED FOR THE LEMONADE STAND THIS YEAR AND AN EXTRA SPECIAL THANK YOU TO HANS AND ROBERT KENDALL.
OUR CLUB HAS MADE A DONATION OF $7,500.00 TO THE LEADER DOG KENNEL RESTORATION.
.WANT TO JOIN OUR CLUB
What DO We Do
Fund Raising: 100% of funds raised goes to Charity
- Selling Lions Brooms at West Washington Hardware
- Selling garbage bags at Dependable Electric
- Selling Lions Toaster tongs
- Lemonade stand at Summer Farmers Market
- Selling Koeze's Nut products at Christmas
Service and Fun Activity
- Award $1000 scholarships to three local high school graduates
- Host club members at summer Steak Fry
- Host a Pony World Series Team for a picnic
- Sell concessions for Pony Baseball at the Lion John Duskey Concession Stand at the Pony World Series
- Sponsors of W&J Lions Club
- Sponsor 3 campers each year to Beacon Lodge
- Donate to 2000 Turkey Fund
- Maintain the Lions Pavilion at Washington Park
- Give 4 awards to Washington Park School
- Enter the Lions Float in Washington City Christmas Parade
- Support the City Mission
- Support Boy Scouts
- Support Teen Challenge
- Support Leader Dog and Puppy Dog Programs
- Partner with The Washington Wild Things Professional Baseball Team to support the Washington Food Bank
- Support Washington County Community Foundation
- Donate to eye, cure for cancer, hearing and diabetes research
- Collected 25359 used glasses since 2004 and sent them for repair and reuse.
What all Lions DO
1,360,121 Million Members in 2014
Lions Clubs – Ready to Help, Worldwide
Whenever a Lions club gets together, problems get smaller. And communities get better. That's because we help where help is needed – in our own communities and around the world – with unmatched integrity and energy.
The World's Largest Service Club Organization
Our 46,000 clubs and 1.3 million members make us the world's largest service club organization. We're also one of the most effective. Our members do whatever is needed to help their local communities. Everywhere we work, we make friends. With children who need eyeglasses, with seniors who don’t have enough to eat and with people we may never meet.
Learn More About Lions Clubs
- Find out about Lions Clubs International and our mission and history.
- Access member resources, including logos, forms and publications.
- Learn about our dedicated volunteer leaders from around the world.
- Contact staff at our International Headquarters in Oak Brook, Illinois, USA.
See the latest information from District 14-M:
In 1925, Helen Keller challenged Lions to become "knights of the blind in the crusade against darkness." And we accepted. Today, sight programs remain one of our defining cause
Selling Premium Quality Garbage Bags at
221 Ridge Ave, Washington, PA 15301
Selling brooms at West Washington Hardware
485 West Chestnut Street Washington, PA 15301
Brooms are made in Freeport. Pa. USA
Left is porch/sidewalk broom $12, right is kitchen broom $10
Brooms last a lifetime and monies from sold brooms helps eradicate blindness
Red handled kids broom and whisk broom: $5
Lions sell toaster tongs
Lions Clubs International is the world's largest service club organization with more than 1.3 million members in approximately 45,000 clubs in more than 200 countries and geographical areas around the world.