PO Box 541, Washington, PA 15301
The club was chartered 1927, and sponsored by the downtown Pittsburgh Lions Club. There were only three Lions clubs in existence in Western Pennsylvania then, Pittsburgh, Donora and McKeesport.
Chartered August 10, 1927
THE OLDEST CLUB IN THE DISTRICT
Club Motto: Honesty, Integrity, Charity
Multiple District 14
Meet the 2nd and 4th Wednesday 6 pm
680 W Chestnut St
Oct 8, 2014 General Meeting
Oct 22, 2014 General Meeting
Nov. 12, 2014 TBD visit to Caterpillar
Oct. 8, 2014 TBD visit to Lion John Duskey at Hawthorne Woods
At the September 10th meeting, Ms. Liz Rogers from the Observer-Reporter spoke about local efforts to raise money and awareness for Alzheimers and dementia.
In other business, the club voted to to stop selling garbage bags due to the increase in cost and less quality. Also, the club voted to donate $7500 to Leader Dog for renovations.
Lion Dick Shearer reported that he is trying to schedule a bus trip to Leader Dog in Michigan.
.WANT TO JOIN OUR CLUB
What DO We Do
Fund Raising: 100% of funds raised goes to Charity
- Selling Lions Brooms at West Washington Hardware
- Selling garbage bags at Dependable Electric
- Selling Lions Toaster tongs
- Lemonade stand at Summer Farmers Market
- Selling Koeze's Nut products at Christmas
Service and Fun Activity
- Award $1000 scholarships to three local high school graduates
- Host club members at summer Steak Fry
- Host a Pony World Series Team for a picnic
- Sell concessions for Pony Baseball at the Lion John Duskey Concession Stand at the Pony World Series
- Sponsors of W&J Lions Club
- Sponsor 3 campers each year to Beacon Lodge
- Donate to 2000 Turkey Fund
- Maintain the Lions Pavilion at Washington Park
- Give 4 awards to Washington Park School
- Enter the Lions Float in Washington City Christmas Parade
- Support the City Mission
- Support Boy Scouts
- Support Teen Challenge
- Support Leader Dog and Puppy Dog Programs
- Partner with The Washington Wild Things Professional Baseball Team to support the Washington Food Bank
- Support Washington County Community Foundation
- Donate to eye, cure for cancer, hearing and diabetes research
- Collected 25359 used glasses since 2004 and sent them for repair and reuse.
What all Lions DO
1,360,121 Million Members in 2014
Lions Clubs – Ready to Help, Worldwide
Whenever a Lions club gets together, problems get smaller. And communities get better. That's because we help where help is needed – in our own communities and around the world – with unmatched integrity and energy.
The World's Largest Service Club Organization
Our 46,000 clubs and 1.3 million members make us the world's largest service club organization. We're also one of the most effective. Our members do whatever is needed to help their local communities. Everywhere we work, we make friends. With children who need eyeglasses, with seniors who don’t have enough to eat and with people we may never meet.
Learn More About Lions Clubs
- Find out about Lions Clubs International and our mission and history.
- Access member resources, including logos, forms and publications.
- Learn about our dedicated volunteer leaders from around the world.
- Contact staff at our International Headquarters in Oak Brook, Illinois, USA.
See the latest information from District 14-M:
In 1925, Helen Keller challenged Lions to become "knights of the blind in the crusade against darkness." And we accepted. Today, sight programs remain one of our defining cause
Selling Premium Quality Garbage Bags at
221 Ridge Ave, Washington, PA 15301
Selling brooms at West Washington Hardware
485 West Chestnut Street Washington, PA 15301
Brooms are made in Freeport. Pa. USA
Left is porch/sidewalk broom $12, right is kitchen broom $10
Brooms last a lifetime and monies from sold brooms helps eradicate blindness
Red handled kids broom and whisk broom: $5
Lions sell toaster tongs
Lions Clubs International is the world's largest service club organization with more than 1.3 million members in approximately 45,000 clubs in more than 200 countries and geographical areas around the world.