PO Box 541, Washington, PA 15301
The club was chartered 1927, and sponsored by the downtown Pittsburgh Lions Club. There were only three Lions clubs in existence in Western Pennsylvania then, Pittsburgh, Donora and McKeesport.
Chartered August 10, 1927
THE OLDEST CLUB IN THE DISTRICT
Club Motto: Honesty, Integrity, Charity
Multiple District 14
Meet the 2nd and 4th Wednesday 6 pm
West Chestnut St.
April Membership Meetings
Monday, April 6 @ 6 PM Board Meeting, at Southside Restaurant
Wednesday, April 8 @ 6 PM at Washington Winery,
Wine Sampling (6) different kinds with a light snack
202 S. Main St., Washington across from Upper Crust & Vocelli’s.
Wednesday, April 22 @ 6 PM Ramada Inn, West Chestnut St.,
The District Governor will be attending
· LION SHEARER IS PUTTING TOGETHER A BUS TRIP TO THE LEADER DOG FACILITY.
. Trip will be June 13 cost is $55 per person. If interested contact Lion Dick Shearer
· We are trying to work out an arrangement with Waynesburg Lions Club to get black garbage bags.
We still have folks who would like to buy them from the Lions Club.
· A table has been reserved at the Washington Crown Center for Community Days, April 10 & 11.
There will be a sign up sheet at the April 8 meeting
· Carol Broderick, Sue McNally & Bill Baxendell will handle the supplies for this year’s Lemonade
Stand. We will need volunteers to work the stand on Thursdays. More info to follow.
· Just a reminder to Lion members who still owe dues, please get them to Lion Baxendell ASAP!! Please mail ASAP as we have already been billed from International, PA & District 14M
· Change to drop off of eye glasses, you can still give them to Jay or drop them off at the Washington-Greene Blind Association, 566 E. Maiden St., Just let Jay know how many you dropped off.
· 2014-2015 Lions Club Officers
· President-Carol Broderick
· 1st. VP – Susan McNally
· 2nd. VP-Robert Kendall
· 3rd. VP-Patti Pratt
· Past President-Hans Pappenbrock
· Secretary-James Balent
· Administrative Treasurer- Bill Baxendell
· Charity Treasurer-Mary Jo Spina
· Charity Chairperson-Ralph Fisher
· Membership Chairperson-Richard Shearer
· Tail Twister-Dewey Lese
· Lion Tamer – Jerry Smith
· Barb Vargo & Rocco Quaranto -2 yr. Board Members *Frank Spina & Tom Havrilak -1 yr. board members
Get Well Wishes-to John Duskey on his recent surgery. You’re in our thoughts & prayers
Check out the Washington Lions Club website: http://www.e-clubhouse.org/sites/washingtonpa/
If you would like to read what is going on in District 14M go to: www.district14mlions.com
.WANT TO JOIN OUR CLUB
What DO We Do
Fund Raising: 100% of funds raised goes to Charity
- Selling Lions Brooms at West Washington Hardware
- Selling garbage bags at Dependable Electric
- Selling Lions Toaster tongs
- Lemonade stand at Summer Farmers Market
- Selling Koeze's Nut products at Christmas
Service and Fun Activity
- Award $1000 scholarships to three local high school graduates
- Host club members at summer Steak Fry
- Host a Pony World Series Team for a picnic
- Sell concessions for Pony Baseball at the Lion John Duskey Concession Stand at the Pony World Series
- Sponsors of W&J Lions Club
- Sponsor 3 campers each year to Beacon Lodge
- Donate to 2000 Turkey Fund
- Maintain the Lions Pavilion at Washington Park
- Give 4 awards to Washington Park School
- Enter the Lions Float in Washington City Christmas Parade
- Support the City Mission
- Support Boy Scouts
- Support Teen Challenge
- Support Leader Dog and Puppy Dog Programs
- Partner with The Washington Wild Things Professional Baseball Team to support the Washington Food Bank
- Support Washington County Community Foundation
- Donate to eye, cure for cancer, hearing and diabetes research
- Collected 25359 used glasses since 2004 and sent them for repair and reuse.
What all Lions DO
1,360,121 Million Members in 2014
Lions Clubs – Ready to Help, Worldwide
Whenever a Lions club gets together, problems get smaller. And communities get better. That's because we help where help is needed – in our own communities and around the world – with unmatched integrity and energy.
The World's Largest Service Club Organization
Our 46,000 clubs and 1.3 million members make us the world's largest service club organization. We're also one of the most effective. Our members do whatever is needed to help their local communities. Everywhere we work, we make friends. With children who need eyeglasses, with seniors who don’t have enough to eat and with people we may never meet.
Learn More About Lions Clubs
- Find out about Lions Clubs International and our mission and history.
- Access member resources, including logos, forms and publications.
- Learn about our dedicated volunteer leaders from around the world.
- Contact staff at our International Headquarters in Oak Brook, Illinois, USA.
See the latest information from District 14-M:
In 1925, Helen Keller challenged Lions to become "knights of the blind in the crusade against darkness." And we accepted. Today, sight programs remain one of our defining cause
Selling Premium Quality Garbage Bags at
221 Ridge Ave, Washington, PA 15301
Selling brooms at West Washington Hardware
485 West Chestnut Street Washington, PA 15301
Brooms are made in Freeport. Pa. USA
Left is porch/sidewalk broom $12, right is kitchen broom $10
Brooms last a lifetime and monies from sold brooms helps eradicate blindness
Red handled kids broom and whisk broom: $5
Lions sell toaster tongs
Lions Clubs International is the world's largest service club organization with more than 1.3 million members in approximately 45,000 clubs in more than 200 countries and geographical areas around the world.