Next Club Meeting . . .
11:30 - 1:00 p.m.
Tuesday, June 21, 2016
1st United Methodist Church
12th & Boulder
The Speaker is . . . . .
Danny C. Williams, Sr., U.S. Attorney Northern District speaking on the Nationwide Opioid/Prescription Drug Epidemic
LOD - Patty Bryant
Tulsa Downtown Lions Meeting Schedule!!
- First Tuesday: Club Meeting with Guest Speaker. - meet at First United Methodist Church.
- Second Tuesday: No Meeting
- Third Tuesday: Club Meeting with Guest Speaker. - meet at First United Methodist Church.
- Fourth Tuesday: Board Meeting - meet at First United Methodist Church.
- Fifth Tuesday: (if there is one) no DAYTIME meeting, but we will get together after work (around 5:15 - 5:30) at McNellies, 409 East 1st Street, Tulsa, OK for a Happy Hour Lion's get-together
Our Club is a Founders Club of Lions International, organized October 11, 1916. We serve the Tulsa area, principally by assisting the visually and physically impaired. Our motto is: "WE SERVE." We are the Home Club of the late Dr. Robert McCullough, Lions International Past President. While our club is the "downtown club," many of our members work and live outside the downtown area. Visitors are always welcome.
New members are always invited. See our "New members invited" page for more information about us. If you or someone you know may be interested in becoming a Lion and serving the community, please visit us or contact one of our club officers.
If you wish to donate eyeglasses, contact us. We have several dropp off sites around the Tulsa area.
Helen Keller: "Alone we can do so little. Together we can do so much."
In response to Helen Keller's challenge to us in 1925, we became "Knights of the Blind in the crusade against darkness."
Lions Clubs International is the world's largest service club organization with more than 1.4 million members in approximately 46,000 clubs in more than 200 countries and geographical areas around the world.