|Several members of the St. John Lions presented dictionaries to all third grade students at Kolling Elementary School on Friday, December 13, 2013.|
WHO ARE THE ST. JOHN LIONS
We have proudly served the St. John community for more than 50 years!
Our members are very different in many ways, but we share a core belief - our community is what we make it. That's because we help where help is needed. In short, We Serve.
Here are some of the things our club has done recently:
- Planted 100 trees (in conjunction with Cub Scout Pack 550) in parks throughout St. John
- Donated $5,000 to tornado victims in southern Indiana
- Donated $2,500 to the St. John Police Department for a SWAT Team vest
- Present Citizenship & Community Service Awards to local 8th grade students
- Held Candy days to raise funds for local projects
- Collected, counted and sorted over 1,000 pair of used eyeglasses
- Held a Candlelight Bowl fundraiser to raise funds to put back in the community
- Purchased hearing aids through the Lions AHAP for a local high school girl
- Purchased "Beep Ball" and charger for visually impaired youth baseball players
If you (or your friends or family members) would like to become involved in an upcoming project, or join our Lions Club, you can contact us in one of these three ways:
- Call us at (219) 365-1091
- Email one of our Club Officers and request more information
- Attend one of our monthly membership meetings to learn more about our group
Lions Clubs International is the world's largest service club organization with more than 1.3 million members in approximately 45,000 clubs in more than 200 countries and geographical areas around the world.