Support our Club by Clicking the Link Below!
For sight needs please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Welcome to the Spotsylvania Lions Club website. On our website you can find the latest about our club, membership information, our history, events we hold, and fundraising projects we participate in. You can also find a list of collection locations for eyeglass and hearing aid donations.
- We were chartered on December 20, 1966 with 37 members and have been active in serving our community ever since.
- Charter President was John Neely, then Superintendent of Spotsylvania County Schools
- The club's logo is based on the "Knights of the Golden Horseshoe" legend established by Virginia's Colonial Governor Alexander Spotswood in 1716. This is an extension of the "Knights of the Blind" charge given to the Lions members by the famous Helen Keller at the 1925 Lions club International Convention.
- We are men and women who volunteer our time to help those less fortunate in our local community.
- We conduct service projects and raise funds for our charities.
- We become better citizens, give more meaning to our lives, develop personal friendships and gain valuable leadership opportunties
- Make a difference in your local community
- Provide support locally or reach out internationally
- Grow personally and professionally through project participation, and community service events
- Develop relationships with local community and business leaders
Lions Clubs International is the world's largest service club organization with more than 1.4 million members in approximately 46,000 clubs in more than 200 countries and geographical areas around the world.