Please visit our new website at www.e-clubhouse.org/sites/ashbourne_ie
Founded in 1992, (and originally known as South Meath Fingal Lions Club), the new name of ASHBOURNE & DISTRICT LIONS CLUB was adopted in May 2014. The Club is based in Ashbourne Co Meath Ireland. The Club draws its members from the geographic areas of Ashbourne and surrounding districts.
The Club meets at 8.00 pm on the 1st Thursday of every month in the Pillo Hotel. Male and Female members are welcomed by the Club. A Leo Club, catering for young members, was formed in 2011.
ASHBOURNE & DISTRICT LIONS CLUB serves the community by; -
- Organising Fund Raising Events, with all funds raised being used to help local charities.
- No administration fees are deducted from funds raised and no salaries are paid to our members or volunteers.
- Funding has also been used to help individuals & families with serious & immediate needs.
- Distributing Fuel (and sometimes food items) during Winter.
- Organising the Christmas Food Appeal for the local branch of St Vincent de Paul every year.
The list of Charities or Organisations that have been helped by the Lions Club over the years is long and varied and includes:
- St. Vincent de Paul (Ashbourne)
- Meals on Wheels (Ashbourne)
- Senior Citizens (Ashbourne)
- Meath Hospice / Meath Palliative Care
- Cystic Fibrosis Hope Source http://www.cfhopesource.org/
- Aware (Helping to defeat depression) http://www.aware.ie/
Contact the Lions Club by e-mail at:- firstname.lastname@example.org
Our Officers for the year 2014 / 2015 are:
President - Tom Keenan
Secretary - Steve Trodden
Treasurer - Paul Walton
Lions Clubs International is the world's largest service club organization with more than 1.4 million members in approximately 46,000 clubs in more than 200 countries and geographical areas around the world.