Our Lioness Club "bridged" in September 2003
The Sooke Harbourside Lions Club
(formerly known as the "Sooke Lioness Lions")
The Sooke Harbourside Lions hosted the annual
If you would like more information about Lions Foundation of Canada and the Purina Walk for Dog Guides, please click on button below:
Thank you. If you wish to make a donation, simply click on the button below:
Thank you to all who purchase "duck tickets" for our Rubber Duck Race on May 9, 2015. Here are the winners:
1st place $1000.00 # 183 Dhalia Tholke
2nd place $500.00 # 896 Susan Bennett
3rd place. $400.00 # 1814 Charnell LeBlanc
4Th place $300.00 # 577 Jacob Blaney
5th place $200.00 # 1127 Laura Smith
6th place $100.00 # 2378 Linda James
Last year was the LAST year for the 24 Hour Relay Race. This year on June 6th & 7th 2015, we had the Camp Challenge! Our team (the Sooke Sole Patrol) raised $12,458.84 for this worthy cause. Click here to find the answers you might have questions about with regard to this event. It will also explain what happened on those days. Click on the following to find out all about Easter Seals Camps:
To view pictures of this year's camp challenge click below:
|This free digital slideshow made with Smilebox|
If you would like to see the highlights of our participation in the Easter Seals 24 Hour Relay, click below:
Click here to see our 2014 participation picture when we raised $13,742.00
Click here to see our 2012 participation picture when we raised $15,406.19.
Click here to see our 2011 participation picture when we raised $10,539.91.
Click here to see our 2010 participation picture when we raised $14,994.29.
Click here to see our 2009 participation picture when we raised $19,396.07.
and in our first year of participation we raised $14,255.65 for this worthy cause.
On February 12th, 2015 our 7th annual wine tasting event called the "Taste of BC" was a huge success! Click picture below to view some of the highlights of this event!
|This free picture slideshow personalized with Smilebox|
On September 28, 2014 our club had a lot of fun bowling at Langford Lanes and raised money to give the the CIBC Run for the Cure.
To view pictures of our 2015 Twoonie Tuesday, click
|This digital slideshow personalized with Smilebox|
The Sooke Food Bank Society provides one hamper per month to those in need. The Food Bank is open the 1st, 2nd & 3rd Thursdays of each month from 9:30 a.m. – 3:00 p.m. To view the Sooke Food Bank website, click here.
Recipients of the Sooke Harbourside Lion's Bursaries for 2015:
Lion Audrey Wilson Memorial Bursary – Codey French $500.00
Lion Pat Moreau Memorial Bursary – Myrna Ell $500.00
Dates to remember:
- September 12, 2015 - Huntington's Book Sale in downtown Sooke
- September 12/13, 2015 - Sooke Fall Fair - Community Hall, Sooke
- September 18, 2015 - Luxton Fair Special Needs with hotdogs - Langford
- September 20, 2015 - Wiffin Spit Cleanup (10am to 12pm) - Sooke Whiffin Spit
- September 21-24, 2015 - Mammogram Clinic in Sooke
- October 4, 2015 - Run for the Cure in Victoria
- October 6, 2015 - Twoonie Tuesday in downtown Sooke
- October 15 - 17, 2015 - MD 19 Fall Convention, Pascoe, WA
- October 24, 2015 - Sooke Women's Wellness Show at EMCS, Sooke
- November 11, 2015 - Remembrance Day Parade, downtown Sooke
- November 20 - 22, 2015 - Sooke Christmas Craft Fair and pictures with Santa
- November 28, 2015 - Island Farms Santa's Light Parade, Victoria
- November 29, 2015 - Sooke Santa Parade at noon
- February 6, 2016 - Taste of BC - EMCS
- April 15 - 17, 2016 - District 19-I Spring Conference in Courtenay
- May 7, 2016 - Duck Race at the Sooke Flats
- May 18, 2016 - Island Farms Victoria Day Parade (9 - 11am) Victoria
- July 8 - 10, 2016 - Blackfish Retreat
Lions Clubs International is the world's largest service club organization with more than 1.4 million members in approximately 46,000 clubs in more than 200 countries and geographical areas around the world.