Saturday, June 14
Ages 0-18 years
Proceeds benefit the Seadrift Lions Club Scholarship Fund.
Deadline for entries has been EXTENDED
to 12 Noon Saturday at Shrimpfest.
Pageant- $25 per child
Pretty Baby Boy (0-2 years)
Pretty Baby Girl (0-2 years)
Little Mister (3-5 years)
Little Miss (3-5 years)
Junior Miss (6-9 years)
Young Miss (10-13 years)
Miss Shrimpfest (14-18 yrs)
Photogenic- $20 per child
Boy or Girl (0-5 years)
**May submit up to 3 photos
- All contestants will receive a Participation Gift.
- Top 3 in each category will receive a trophy.
- Winner in Junior Miss, Young Miss, and Miss Shrimpfest will receive a Sash and Tiara.
- Miss Shrimpfest will also receive a Scholarship upon successful completion of her reign and proof of enrollment in college or trade school.
- All Contestants must reside in Calhoun County or attend school in Calhoun County.
- Contestants shall never have been married, had children, or be pregnant.
- Entrants in Photogenic Category should submit up to three 8”x10” photos with their Entry Form and Full Pageant entry fee. Entries MUST be received no later than 5:00pm on June 9, 2014. Judging will take place Thursday, June 12 with the winner announced during the Pageant at Shrimpfest. Need not be present to win. Photos will be returned following the Pageant on Saturday.
- Deadline for Pageant Entry is 5:00pm Thursday, June 12. No entries after that time will be allowed. No entries at the time of the Pageant will be accepted.
- Mail completed Entry Form with full Entry Fee (and photographs if entering Photogenic) to Seadrift Lions, 501-B Sgt Rodney Taylor Ave, Seadrift TX 77983. Entries may also be hand delivered during regular Business hours to First National Bank, Seadrift or the Office of the Port Lavaca Wave. If you have questions please contact Marcy King at Marcelindak@hotmail.com or Lynn Reeves at (361) 746-2524.
- Make Checks or Money Orders payable to “Seadrift Lions Club.” Entries will not be accepted without full payment. There will be a $25.00 charge for any checks returned by the bank unpaid for any reason.
- Dress for all ages in the Pageant is Sunday/Party/Pageant attire. Dresses may be long or short, but of a respectable length. No swimsuits, short shorts, or bare midriffs will be allowed. Boys may wear shorts or pants.
- Contestants and their families MUST pay the Shrimpfest Gate Fee, ($5 per person, children 6 and under free) no exceptions.
- Contestants should arrive no later than 12:30pm. Latecomers will not be allowed to compete.
- Miss Shrimpfest will be expected to attend functions as requested by the Seadrift Chamber of Commerce and the Seadrift Lions Club during her reign as a representative of both the Organizations and the City of Seadrift.
Waiver of Liability: I hereby release Shrimpfest, The Seadrift Chamber of Commerce, the Seadrift Lions Club, the City of Seadrift, and any persons associated with the Pageant from any and all claims, losses, damages, or injuries sustained before, during, or after the pageant. I understand that any and all photos or videos taken at the pageant may be used for promotional purposes. I understand that the pageant organizers have the right to deny entry to the event and that all decisions are final. I will demonstrate good sportsmanship behavior at all times. All Entry Fees are Non-Refundable. My signature on the Entry Form indicates that I have read and agree to abide by all rules and conditions as set forth.
The Seadrift Lions Club was Chartered in October, 2009 and has been active in the Seadrift Community ever since. Our Lions support the local Food Banks that provide assistance to the families of Seadrift. We also support the Texas Lions Camp for handicap and diabetic children, the Lions Eye Bank of Texas, the Texas Lions Foundation, The Lions Eyeglass Recycling Center, World Services for the Blind, Leader Dogs for the Blind, and the Lions Clubs International Foundation. We have hosted Market Day by the Bay for two years, and supplied a swing for handicapped children and adults to the City Park by the baseball fields. We have also built new stairs and a wheelchair ramp for some of our neighbors.
If you would like to learn more about the Seadrift Lions, our projects, or our charities, we invite you to attend one of our meetings. We meet at First National Bank at 6:30pm on the second and fourth Thursday every month.
Peggy Gaines (361) 920-1743
Lions Clubs International is the world's largest service club organization with more than 1.3 million members in approximately 45,000 clubs in more than 200 countries and geographical areas around the world.