WELCOME TO OUR CLUB PAGE!! Be sure to follow us on Twitter @PCSPLions
Portugal Cove - St. Philip's Lions Club serves a town of 7000 on the island of Newfoundland and works with Clubs in its Zone and District to support various Lions projects including the Max Simms Memorial Camp.
Our Club Twin is Bloemfontein (Host) Lions Club of South Africa.
Some examples of work in our community - For a more complete list check out our projects page!
- we partner with the Royal Canadian Legion and our municipal Council to sponsor the annual seniors dinner;
- we are active in supporting our community school;
- we sponsor a local child into the Air Canada Dreams Take Flight program, giving them an unforgettable day at Disney World in Orlando;
- we award a cash prize, plaque and honourary Life Membership in the Max Simms Camp to a Grade 6 student who exhibits humanitarian traits in line with Lionism;
- we support families in need of financial assistance;
- we participate in our town's Christmas Parade, Winter Carnival and Regattas.
- we donate to support food hampers at Christmas;
- we provide Christmas gifts and visitations to seniors from our community who are in long term care.
We are always interested in meeting prospective new members and hearing about ways we can work to improve our community. Lionism provides rewards you just can't buy. Please contact Lion John Colborne at 895-3821 for more information on joining us!
Lions Clubs International is the world's largest service club organization with more than 1.3 million members in approximately 45,000 clubs in more than 200 countries and geographical areas around the world.