PAULDING-WEST COBB LIONS CLUB
WHO ARE THE PAULDING`WEST COBB LIONS?
We are proud members of the Paulding County and West Cobb communities.
Paulding County Lions Club was founded in 1949. In 1965, the West Cobb Lions Club was established. The two clubs merged in December 2015 to form a larger club that continues to serve both areas. For over fifty years, whenever there is a need, our club has been here to help.
Some of the things we have done recently are:
- provided eye exams, eye glasses and hearing aids for Paulding and West Cobb residents who have no other resources.
- participated in community vision screenings.
- collected used eyeglasses, hearing aids and used cell phones to be recycled.
- held monthly bingo games for the residents of Bethel Gardens Assisted Living Facility
- made contributions to the Georgia Lions Lighthouse Foundation, the Georgia Lions Camp for the Blind, Leader Dogs for the Blind, Southeastern Guide Dogs and other charities that we support.
We are proud members of Lions of Georgia
We join with other Lions from all over Georgia to sponsor and support two statewide service projects:
- Georgia Lions Lighthouse Foundation, which provides vision-related and hearing-related medical services to Georgians without resources.
- Georgia Lions Camp which allows vision impaired youth to experience independence in a safe and nurturing summer camp.
We are proud members of Lions Clubs International, the world's largest service club organization.
- We have 1.4 million members in more than 45,000 clubs in more than 206 countries and geographic areas.
- We are best known for fighting blindness, but we also volunteer for many different kinds of community projects - including focusing on hearing loss, supporting efforts to control and prevent diabetes, caring for the environment, feeding the hungry and aiding seniors and the disabled.
Click the link for more information about
Lions Clubs International is the world's largest service club organization with more than 1.4 million members in approximately 46,000 clubs in more than 200 countries and geographical areas around the world.