Please visit our new website at www.e-clubhouse.org/sites/merriman
MERRIMAN LIONS CLUB
The Lions Club of Parow has been serving the community since 1965 and its clubhouse, home to 19 Lions and their partners in service, is situated in new premises on the corner of Merriman and Dirkie Uys Streets, Goodwood. The Lions Community Centre has been extensively renovated by the club through member contributions and sponsorships. As the mix of the two suburban names (Parow & Goodwood) is causing some confusion we are likely to opt for an amended name this year.
The first Southern African club was chartered in Cape Town in 1957 and now District 410A stretches from the Cape to Namibia, includes 53 Lions clubs and over 1000 male & female members.
Our District (Western Cape, Northern Cape & Namibia) is one of four Districts, A, B, C & D, making up Multiple District 410. Our club was chartered in 1965 and we have a proud service record based on the motto “Service knows no Boundaries” as we are at work locally, nationally and internationally. If we have the means and the members we will assist or find a solution to meeting the community need.
Lions Clubs International is the world's largest service club organization with more than 1.4 million members in approximately 46,000 clubs in more than 200 countries and geographical areas around the world.