Palmyra - Macedon Lions Club
Vision Screening at a local Day Care
What Do Lions Really Do???
- Provide eye Glasses For Those In Need
- Provide Eye Surgery For Those Who Can’t Afford It.
- Provide Guide Dogs For The Blind. (At No Cost)
- Provide Hearing Dogs For The Deaf. (At No Cost)
- Provide hearing Aids For Those Who Are In Need.
- Provide Medicine And Food During Disasters.
- Support Eye Banks (Over 90% World Wide)
- Provide Cornea For Transplants
- Operate Eye And Tissue Banks. (All Organs)
- Operate Camps For Visually Impaired Children
- Operate The Empire State Speech and Hearing Clinic
- Support Girl And Boy Scout Programs
- Support And Operate A Youth Drug Prevention Programs
- Support Recreational Programs
- Operate and Support Youth Exchange Programs
- Support And Sponsor Little Leagues
- Provide Diabetes Research and Funding
- Provide Screening For Glaucoma & Diabetes
- Provide All Types Of Eye Testing And Screening
- Provide Screening for "Lazy Eye" for Pre School Children
- Operate Community Health Fairs
- Operate Drug Training For Teachers (Quest)
- Provide Services For Senior Citizens
- Provide Scholarships For Worthy Students
- Provide Community Leader Awards (Outstanding Citizens)
- Operate Sight First To Eliminate and Prevent Blindness Worldwide
Lions Clubs International is the world's largest service club organization with more than 1.4 million members in approximately 46,000 clubs in more than 200 countries and geographical areas around the world.