A PROUD PAST
The Oxford Lions Club was chartered in July, 1951 by 44 men of the Oxford Community. In the club’s first 10 years we sponsored Boy Scout Troop 211, built a skating rink adjacent to Town Hall and added some picnic benches and a slide for local children. Our club sponsored the Covington club. We organized Oxford’s first volunteer fire department and purchased the first fire truck. We built the David Burson Scout Lodge. We also promoted a house numbering system for Oxford and installed historical markers around town.
Our annual Pancake Supper and Community Calendar projects provide some of the funds to support our service projects. At Flint Hill Elementary School every year we award bicycles to students who have made the most academic improvement. In 2006 we began presenting the July 4th Parade and Celebration for the City of Oxford.
A GREAT FUTURE
The Oxford Lions Club is a group of men and women of all ages and backgrounds who enjoy the fun and fellowship of working together in service to the
community and the world.
Lions Clubs International is the world's largest service club organization with more than 1.4 million members in approximately 46,000 clubs in more than 200 countries and geographical areas around the world.