The Odessa Tri-Service Lions Club was chartered on April 30, 1956, with twenty members. Since its inception, the Tri-Service organization has in turn sponsored two other Lions Clubs in the Odessa, Texas area. It has been and remains active in providing eyeglasses, hearing aids and other services to the community as it pledged to do. It is part of District 2-T3 of the International Association of Lions Clubs.
2-T3 Governor’s Goals and Objectives
Provide Leadership Training and Leadership Development in all phases of District Meetings and Visitation utilizing the GLT Coordinator, DG Team and Zone Chairs.
· Encourage all clubs to emphasize identifying and developing club leaders for future club activities and health .
· Work with the GLT Coordinator to implement The Lions University for leadership and development of Club and District leaders for Lions work in our district and beyond, including encouraging participation in such activities as Cabinet Meeting, the Texas Lions Forum and USA/Canada Forum.
· Identify and train Guiding Lions and Mentors for work with new club and new membership development with the help of the GLT and GMT Coordinators with the goal of improving retention, recruiting members for existing clubs, and the organization and completing of at least four new clubs in the District.
· Develop electronic communication for the DG Team, Zone Chairs, GLT, GMT and committee chairs to the extent possible to reduce travel and improve effectiveness in communication with district officers and clubs.
· Develop and share monthly reports about the work of the Zone Chairs, GLT, GMT and DG’s Team.
· Encourage clubs to develop websites and better public relations within their communities to emphasize the Lions Motto, “We Serve.”
· Encourage clubs in the district to utilize the Club Excellence (Enhancement) Process to improve clubs and to better serve their communities.
· Emphasize the importance of being a part if the largest service organization in the world and the role of individual clubs and Lions as part of LCI.
Lions Clubs International is the world's largest service club organization with more than 1.4 million members in approximately 46,000 clubs in more than 200 countries and geographical areas around the world.