Monocacy Lions Club
The Monocacy Lions Club was chartered in 1940 with 24 members. Since then the club has grown dramatically; with current membership at 55 members. Members are drawn from the communities of Barnesville, Beallsville, Boyds, Comus, Darnstown, Dickerson, Poolesville and the surrounding region of Western Montgomery County.
Members of the Monocacy Lions Club have dedicated themselves to serving our community. “We Serve” is the Lions motto, which exemplifies our personal dedication to assist locally and within our Lions district.
We Support and/or Sponsor:
- After school youth programs
- Community Blood Drives
- Community Halloween Party
- John Poole M. S. LEO Club
- Poolesville H. S. LEO Club
- Leader Dog Program for the Blind
- Lions Visions Research Foundation
- Lions Camp Merrick for visually and hearing impaired youth
- Lions Community Outreach Foundation
- Mercy Health Clinic
- Programs for the hearing impaired
- Rebulding Together
- Upper Montgomery Co. Fire Dept.
- WUMCO Help, Inc.
- Christmas Toys for needy children
- Free Eye exams and glasses for the needy
- Food baskets for needy families
- Medical equipment to the physically impair
- Hearing exams and hearing aids
- College scholarships
- Vision and hearing screenings
- Vision screening for preschool children
Lions Clubs International is the world's largest service club organization with more than 1.4 million members in approximately 46,000 clubs in more than 200 countries and geographical areas around the world.