Meetings
Members

 Millersville Lions Club

We Serve!

Our Proud History

     The Millersville Lions Club received its charter from Lions Club International on May 25, 1932, during the Great Depression, when considerable needs were evident in the community.  The Club helped with medical expenses and fuel for heat and created a college scholarship fund.  In the 1950's, the Club loaned wheelchairs and hospital beds. 
      In the 1960's, the Millersville Lions Club Swimming Pool $100,000 project was assisted by the sale of $100 bonds and a bank loan.  The pool was dedicated in 1961 during the Millersville bicentennial celebration.  After nine years, all debts had been repaid.  The pool continues as a place for recreation and and swimming instruction in the community, and is a source of income for the Club's charities. 
     Historically, the Millersville Lions Club has sold light bulbs, brooms and calendars, held circuses, supported the Blind & Visually Impaired through donations to Eye Research, Beacon Lodge, the Association for the Blind, and helped provide surgery and glasses for the needy.  Other Club projects included pancake breakfasts, spaghetti dinners, Adopt-A-Highway, Christmas fruit baskets and poinsettias for shut-ins, track relays for kids, and recognition for outstanding students.
     Since 1954, the Millersville Lions Club has conducted an Easter Egg Hunt.  As of 1965, the members have annually decorated and scattered over 100 dozen eggs!
     The Millersville Lions Club has fostered community memories, traditions and spirit, helped persons in need, and served humanity for over 80 years.

--Lions   A. Norman Ranck, D.Luke Biemensderfer, and James Jolly

 

Lions Clubs International is the world's largest service club organization with more than 1.4 million members in approximately 46,000 clubs in more than 200 countries and geographical areas around the world.

Lions Clubs International News
Connect with Us Online
Twitter