Lions VP David Self, Secretary Wade Hodges, Guest, PDG Olin Newby, President PDG Paul May, Membership Chair Mary Anne May, 2 yr. Director Jeanette Jordan, Treasurer Ed Menger, Jr, Tail Twister/Lion Tamer Ken Herbst.
MILLEDGEVILLE LIONS CLUB
Meets 6:30 PM 1st & 3rd Thursdays
INTERNATIONAL HOUSE OF PANCAKES
2598 N. Columbia St.
MILLEDGEVILLE, GA 31061
Projects of Milledgeville Lions Club
We collect old eye glasses, hearing aids and cell phones which are recycled at the Georgia Lions Lighthouse.
Georgia Military College
Family Eye Care Assoc.
Washington Baptist Association
Milledgeville Lions Club:
- Provides vision and hearing screenings at health fairs and Cafe Central
- Sponsors the Lions Clubs International Peace Poster Contest
- Supports Lions of Georgia projects - The Lions Camp for the Blind, The Georgia LIons Lighthouse, Leader Dog for the Blind and Lions Clubs International Foundation
- Cleans a one mile section of Highway 212 by Milledgeville Recreation Department three times a year.
- Supports Lions Clubs International’s initiatives
- Each Spring we have a Fish-a thon for children at Milledgeville Recreation Department pond
- Serve where needed in our community
- Provide glasses, sight saving surgeries, and hearing aids to those who cannot afford them
Spaghetti Supper held the last Thursday in February
Mop and Broom Sales at various times with other projects.
"Kids Fishing for Sight" Fish-a-thon held the Saturday after Mothers' Day annually.
Lions Clubs International is the world's largest service club organization with more than 1.4 million members in approximately 46,000 clubs in more than 200 countries and geographical areas around the world.