The Milford Lions club was established February 3, 1959. Through the years, the club has been involved in completing numerous large projects for the benefit of the Milford community. A Skateboard Park at Keyes Field along with a Pavilion at the MCAA field on North River Road and most recently, a community park known as Lions Park located off Route 13N. The Milford Lions strive to meet the needs of their community and to serve the community whenever the need exists. These projects were completed for the benefit of the community to be enjoyed now and for many years to come recognizing all the men and women who volunteer and dedicate their lives through community service. In addition to the service to the blind and the hearing impaired, Lions participate in service activities emphasizing on many health issues, education, the physically and mentally impaired, environmental issues, community welfare, and our youth. To the Lions, "We Serve" is not only a motto, but a definition and a philosophy. We also extend and welcome those who wish to volunteer and help us as we try to make a better quality of life within our community.
Lions Clubs International is the world's largest service club organization with more than 1.4 million members in approximately 46,000 clubs in more than 200 countries and geographical areas around the world.