What We Do:
- Collect used eyeglasses at the Manhattan Post Office; Stone City VFW; both branches of the First Bank of Manhattan; Absolute Vision Care, and at Advance Eye Care in New Lenox.
- Fund a college scholarship for a local High School senior.
- Support the Manhattan Boy Scouts, Girl Scouts and Cub Scouts; the Manhattan Public Library; the Manhattan Neighborhood Food Pantry; Operation Care Package; French Youth Exchange; Manhattan Fun Days; Deicke Eye Care and Scholastic Achievement Awards.
- Sponsor the Lions Hearing Van; Candy Days; an annual blood drive; Leader Dogs for the Blind; the Manteno Veterans Home, and we provide eye exams for those in need.
- Provide a service to the village by posting your events on The Manhattan Lions Community Bulletin Board. To have an event posted, stop in at the Manhattan Village Hall and submit a request form for your event.
Would you like to serve the community and help those who need assistance?
Join us by contacting Bob Adams at (815)478-3063.
Lions Clubs International is the world's largest service club organization with more than 1.4 million members in approximately 46,000 clubs in more than 200 countries and geographical areas around the world.