Welcome to the Lionville Lions
About the Lions -
Lions Clubs International – LCI - is the world's largest service club organization with more than 1.3 million members in approximately 45,000 clubs in more than 200 countries and geographical areas around the world. Founded in 1917, we are best known for fighting blindness, but we also volunteer for many different kinds of community projects - including caring for the environment, feeding the hungry and aiding seniors and the disabled.
For more about Lions Clubs International, go to www.lionsclubs.org.
About the Lionville Lions -
Since 1970 the Lionville Lions Club has supported local charities and participated in community events, as well as supporting LCI initiatives.
Some of the projects and organizations we are involved with:
- Pennsylvania Eye Research - raising funds for eye and diabetic research projects and equipment for clinical procedures
- Beacon Lodge - camp for children and adults with special needs
- Delaware Valley Eye Bank - enhancing quality of life through corneal transplants
- Lions Club International Foundation - providing grants for worldwide projects focussed on sight preservation, youth programs, disaster relief and the disabled
- Leader Dogs for the Blind - matching the visually impaired with guide dogs
- Pennsylvania Lions Hearing - supporting research in Pennsylvania on hearing problems covering a range of research from embryonic through adult ages
- Diabetes Awareness and Research - supporting diabetes awarensss, education, control, prevention and research
- The Royer Greaves School for the Blind - dedicated to the education of vision impaired and multi-handicapped children and adults
- Chester County Association for the Blind - provider of support services for the blind
- Lionville Youth Association - volunteers providing sports and outdoor activities for area youth
- Youth Educational Grant - presentation of a grant to a local college-bound student planning to major in a health-related area of study
- The Lord’s Pantry of Downingtown - relieving hunger and poverty by providing food to needy families in the area
- The Downingtown Senior Center - providing support for area seniors
- Eye Exams for Children - provision of funds for eye exams for children who do not have the means
Lions Clubs International is the world's largest service club organization with more than 1.4 million members in approximately 46,000 clubs in more than 200 countries and geographical areas around the world.