Charter: September 26,1941
The Belmont Shore Lions Club was organized during the spring of 1941 by a group of business and professionel men who felt the East Second Street community deserved a service club with national standing.
The sponsor of the club was Verne Heddon from Downtown Lions Club. The first meeting was held in July and the charter was presented in October, 1941. William Brunton was the first president. From its beginning the club has supported a wide range of civic and chartibale enterpreises. It has successfully supported: The Service Club League Baseball Group, the Scholorship Award to selected pupils of the Will Rogers Junior High School. the Red Cross, the Boy Scouts & Girls Scouts, Special Olympics and the Jonathan Jacques Cancer Run. The list continues to grow each year.
Lions Clubs International is the world's largest service club organization with more than 1.4 million members in approximately 46,000 clubs in more than 200 countries and geographical areas around the world.