Our club was chartered in 1979, and since that time, has undertaken many successful projects that have contributed to community betterment. The club recently celebrated 35 years of community service.
Some of these projects are:
- Construction of the Bluebell Manor residence for Seniors in Riondel
- Cooking burgers and fries for Canada Day and Kootenay Lake Fall Fair
- Local projects in support of community life or needy individuals
- Support of Christmas Hampers
- Ongoing support for the B.C. Lions Society for Children with Disabilities.
- Support for Emergency Response Units
- Donations to scholarships at the Crawford Bay school.
- Provide lunch and donation to RCMP Cops for Kids annual bike ride
Lions Clubs International is the world's largest service club organization with more than 1.4 million members in approximately 46,000 clubs in more than 200 countries and geographical areas around the world.