The Jekyll Island Lions Club is an active service organization that generally meets the first and third Tuesday of the month, Sept thru May. Members gather at McCormick's Grill at 6:00 pm, with dinner and a meeting starting at 6:30 pm.
Here are the programs and activities that the Jekyll Lions support:
- Lions Camp in Waycross, Georgia
- Publish the Jekyll Island Telephone Book
- Display American flags on national holidays
- Record books for the blind and dyslectic
- Volunteer for Christmas collections for the Salvation Army
- White Cane Vision Screening and Procedures
- Lions Lighthouse service for eye examinations and eyeglass collection
If you are interested in joining or learning more about the Jekyll Island Lions, please contact Jim Gertis or Howard Sculthorpe and come to our next meeting as our guest!
Lions Clubs International is the world's largest service club organization with more than 1.4 million members in approximately 46,000 clubs in more than 200 countries and geographical areas around the world.