Members of the Hampstead Lions Club
In the summer of 1951, Harry Clagett, a member of the Cockeysville, Maryland Lions Club and William R. Martin, a member of the Lineboro-Manchester Lions Club decided to form a Lions Club in the Hampstead area. On August 28, 1951 they were granted a charter from Lions International. The Hampstead Lions Club was formally chartered with 23 members and three transfers. Today the Hampstead Lions Club has 58 men and women working together to serve our community and Lions International.
What we are most known for is our Hampstead Lions Community Park, a 26-acre park owned and maintained by the Hampstead Lions Club for the use and enjoyment of our community, Hampstead Little League Baseball, and Hampstead Ravens Football.
Lions Clubs International is the world's largest service club organization with more than 1.3 million members in approximately 45,000 clubs in more than 200 countries and geographical areas around the world.