Lions Club Guntur Melvin Jones was charted in 1991 by the Senior Lion Members Lion Majety Paparao, Lion V. Pardha Saradhi, Lion Alapati Prasad, Lion Dr. Madhu Sudhanarao, Lion K.V.Brahmum, Lion K. Janardhan Reddy, Lions T.Sankara rao. We are doing so many service activities like Blood Donation camps, Free Medical Camps, Tree Plantations, and etc
Here are some of the things our club has done recently:
- Planted 17000 trees (in conjunction with Guntur District Social Forestry, Andhra Pradesh Govt.) in Guntur District Industry areas, Stone Crushers Zones, Schools and also even in Villages.
- Held Environment Awareness and Tree Plantation Programs at Schools and Industry Zones
- Held an Environment Awareness and Tree Plantation Rally with students
- Held Free Mega Medical Camp at Budampadu Village, Guntur with the 12 Specialist Doctors.
- Innovatively Lions Medi card was given to poor Patients for getting concession on their medical Expenses
- Distributed Rice, Fruits and Biscuits to Old age People at Mathru Sri Old age Home,Guntur.
- Held Blood Group Test Camp for 100 Girl students at Govt Women College
- Distributed Wool Blankets to Old age People at Shiridi sai Old age home,Perecherla
- Distributed 150 School Uniforms and 40 Foot Ball Shoes to Poor students
- Distributed Braille Paper, Fruits to Blind Students at Shiridi Sai Blind School, Guntur
- Every month we donates Rs. 1200 to the 4 HIV children for their medicines
Lions Clubs International is the world's largest service club organization with more than 1.4 million members in approximately 46,000 clubs in more than 200 countries and geographical areas around the world.