Gordon's Bay from Clarence Drive
Gordon’s Bay is a small seaside town on the eastern edge of False Bay in the picturesque region of Helderberg and The Winelands in The Western Cape.
We have some of the finest beaches in the Cape, beautiful white sand, rock pools, shallow paddling areas and calm seas. Popular Bikini Beach has been awarded international Blue Flag status.
The Southern Right Whale’s breeding ground is the sheltered bays of the Western Cape coast, and one of the best places to view them is from the coastal road from Gordon’s Bay to Rooi Els. These majestic animals spend up to five months a year here. They pass their time playing, courting, and nursing their newborn calves, providing spectacular land-based viewing. The best time for watching is from June to November. Peak calving season is July and August, but whales can be seen through September and October.
In our beautiful town you will find the Lions Club of Gordon's Bay which came into being and was chartered on 2nd February 1987.
Our club forms part of Lions International District 410A which encompasses The Western Cape and Namibia. We are part of Zone 7 which falls within Region C.
Our club has been in existence for more than 25 years and has over this time been involved in many service and fundraising projects. Some of these are:
- Arranging eye tests and spectacles for the indigent peoples in our area
- Food collection and distribution to the hungry
- Collecting Easter eggs from our local schools for distribution to the underprivileged
- Participation in the Lions International Peace Poster Competition
- Selling Lions Christmas Cakes to raise funds for our service projects
- Youth welfare and education
- Providing care and entertainment for our Senior Citizens
- Promoting diabetes awareness
- Assisting with blood donors clinics
- Numerous other fundraising events and service projects
We welcome visitors to our Club Meetings, please contact us to arrange a visit.
To read the latest Club Newsletter please click on this link - Club Newsletter
Lions Clubs International is the world's largest service club organization with more than 1.4 million members in approximately 46,000 clubs in more than 200 countries and geographical areas around the world.