Lions Club of Gonikoppal
Chartered in the year 1973 under the leadership of Lion K.B. Vishwanath, Lions Club of Gonicopal is today one of the premier Lions Club of Coorg. With a membership strength of 61, the club has a history of three district Governors, many a Regional and Zone Chairpersons , Cabinet members. On 29th June 2012, the club’s 40th president Ln. Dr. Suraj Uthappa and his team of office bearers were installed by Ln Ashok Kumar. The club has a unique tradition of a member holding the office of president only once in his lionistic career.
Activities of the club
- On 31st July, the Lioness Club visited Govt Primary School Devarapura and donated floor mats for the children to sit and sweets were distributed
- On 26th August we visited St. Joseph Amruthawahini School for the hearing impaired and donated 25 kgs rice, note books, pencils, chocolates and eatables
- On 2nd September we, along with Lions conducted a Seminar on ‘Learning difficulties in Children’ for school teachers, it was attended by more than 50 teachers
Judges - Elocution Competition Participants - Independance Day Run
- On 15th August - Indian Independence Day we at Lions Club of Gonicoppal celebrated this day by hoisting of the national flag at our Lions Primary School Campus, followed by national Anthem. A taluk level inter - school elocution competition and patriotic singing competition for school & college children’s Lions also organized. The whole exercise was to encourage the patriotic feeling is every child.
- We, at Lions Club of Gonicoppal observed Vanamahotsava at Lion P.U. College Campus Kalathmad by planting 50 Jungle and fruit trees. At St. Joseph Amuruthavahini Devarapura, we also encourage students to plant trees and take care of them.
- Teachers day celebrated on 5th September every year as a mark of tribute to the contribution made by teachers to the society. On this day we felicitate all the teaching and non-teaching staff of our school, we also had Prof. M.N. Ramesh (Professor of Forestry in College of Forestry, Ponnampet) as a Chief guest, He addressed the teachers & students of our school. His inspiring quotes, comical narration surely motivational boost to our teachers. The day ended with lunch for all our teachers hosted by the Lions Club of Gonicoppal.
Lions Clubs International is the world's largest service club organization with more than 1.4 million members in approximately 46,000 clubs in more than 200 countries and geographical areas around the world.