The Lions Club of George Town Mutiara was chartered on 13 April 1988 and is currently located in Zone 1, Region 1 (Penang), District 308 B2, Malaysia.
The signature projects of the club are:
1. Adoption of poor families (since 1989) whereby needy families are adopted and provided with monthly necessities like rice, sugar, milk etc for a minimum period of 12 calender months.
2. Education projects - in support of several schools in Penang.
3. Annual distribution of free school uniforms for needy school children.
4. The Lions GTM-Pantai Penang medical fund set up in 2010 whereby those in need of medical treatment can apply for subsidies from the fund for treatment at the Pantai Hospital Penang.
5. Annual adoption of a handicapped inmate of the Penang Cheshire Home.
Lions Clubs International is the world's largest service club organization with more than 1.4 million members in approximately 46,000 clubs in more than 200 countries and geographical areas around the world.