Franklin Lakes Lions Club
Alex Arns Dr. Lee Berger Kevin Cowie Tom Donch Bob Fillipone Craig Goldman Dave Kampschmidt Mary Jo Kurtz Charlie Kahwaty Peter McBride Ken McHugh Fran Phillips Bill Smith Dr. Jack Vitenson Dr. Robert Warsak Dave Wesner
Dear Friends and Neighbors,
The Franklin Lakes Lions Club Foundation is a 501-C3 charitable organization supported by a group of men and women dedicated to raising funds for organizations that provide services to the blind, handicapped and the less fortunate. We receive our funds from donations from caring people like you and through various fund raising projects. All of the donations are used to help people within our community through local charities.
As a resident or local business, you can take great pride in the accomplishments of our Lions Club. Your donations enabled us to support the following organizations in 2013:
- ARC– Serving citizens with intellectual and developmental disabilities and their families.
- Chai Lifeline – Supporting children with cancer and their families.
- Camp Marcella – Summer camp for visually impaired children.
- Center for Food Action – Local food bank/pantry.
- Christian Healthcare Pathways Program
- Eastern Christian Children’s Retreat – Serving the need of individuals with disabilities.
- Eva’s Village – Feeds the hungry, shelter the homeless, treat the addicted.
- Emmanuel Cancer Foundation – Supporting families facing the challenges of caring for a child with cancer.
- Fair Lawn Opportunity Center – Serving adults with developmental disabilities
- Franklin Lakes Ambulance Corp, Meals on Wheels, Fire Department.
- Franklin Lakes Meals on Wheels
- Lions Eye Bank – North Jersey Eye Bank.
- Oasis – Feeding and clothing needy women and children
- Paterson Memorial Day School – Provides an educationally appropriate program for children Paterson Habitat for Humanity – Creates homeownership opportunities for families with limited income
- St. Josephs School for the Blind-school for the visually impaired.
- Ramapo College Foundation-helps visually impaired students.
- St. Joseph’s Children’s Hospital Foundation
- Turning Point in Patterson – Alcohol and drug addiction treatment
- YWCA of Bergen County-Rape crisis center in Bergen County.
- Busing for Ramapo/Indian Hills Holiday Festival for Paterson Grammar School.
As you can see from the above list our focus is supporting local organizations that do so much to help our community..
Lions Clubs International is the world's largest service club organization with more than 1.4 million members in approximately 46,000 clubs in more than 200 countries and geographical areas around the world.