WELCOME TO THE
EVERETT CENTRAL LIONS CLUB
"The oldest club in the Pacific Northwest"
Serving Everett and the world since May 20, 1920
What have we been up to?
- Sponsored our annual Salmon Fishing Derby for the Blind (A project that began in 1944 to facilitate and coordinate a fishing derby for the blind!)
- Recognized the community service achievements of a community leader at the annual Medal of Merit Award Evening.
- Provided free eyeglasses and hearing aids to those in need.
- Donated to a Santa's bag. Filling it with toys and books.
- Worked at the corn booth at the Evergreen State Fair raising funds to support sight and hearing needs.
- Acknowledged and rewarded a student artist in the annual Lions Peace Poster Contest.
- Gave free books to kids in need as a part of Lions Literacy Campaign.
- Sold Chuck-A-Pucks at the Silvertips Hockey game to support Score For Sight.
- Enjoyed numerous meeting speakers and tours.
- Contributed to Leader Dogs For The Blind.
- Supported a local Boy Scout Troop.
- Supplied food through the Volunteers of America Food Bank.
- Raised funds through a raffle to aid vision impaired.
- Sponsored a great Christmas party!
- Helped organize and support Project Homeless Connect.
- Encouraged diabetes awareness
- Supported the new Project Harvest program to encourage gleaning for the food Bank.
- Encouraged kids to read at our Lions Book Carnival.
- Donated to Washington State Blind Athletes.
- Supported and worked at Fly Day for Kids with Disabilities.
- Collected thousands of pair of used eyeglasses and hearing aids to be recycled.
- Supported the Lions Youth Exchange Program
- Proudly celebrated 95 years of service to our community and the world.
Lee Woodard, President
Keith Goodell, Vice President
Art Ruben, Secretary
About the Everett Central Lions Club
EVERETT CENTRAL LIONS CLUB was one of the first clubs to be chartered, and the first in the Pacific Northwest on May 20, 1920.
The Everett Central Lions Club, in keeping with its purpose, has been active with special emphasis in working with the visually and hearing impaired. In the past, the Club has annually made contributions of time and money to associations for the blind and to individual blind and hearing impaired persons. The Club actively participates in the Northwest Sight and Hearing Foundation and the Lions Snohomish County Sight and Hearing Foundation.
2015 Salmon Fishing Derby for the Blind - First Place Winner!
All 2015 Salmon Derby WINNERS!
Support from our local Boy Scout Troop during the derby
In 1944, the Everett Central Lions Club Sponsored the 1st Annual Fishing Derby for the Blind. The Derby was a great success and has been held yearly and successfully since that time.
The 71st annual Lions fishing derby for the blind was held on September 27, 2015. The turnout was great and the fishing was fantastic as well. This event took place on the Everett, Washington waterfront. Congratulations to our derby winners!
Challenge Air builds self-esteem and confidence of children and youth with specials needs, through the experience of flight! The Everett Central Lion's Club partners with Challenge Air every year to help make dreams of flying a plane a reality!
Everett Chief of Police - Guest Speaker at Lion's Club Monthly Meeting