JOIN US FOR LUNCH: Every Tuesday 12:00 PM
EASTON LION CLUB FACTS
· LIONS CLUBS INTERNATIONAL is the world’s largest service organization with over 1.3 million members in 45,000 local clubs in 200 countries and geographic locations.
· LIONS CLUBS INTERNATIONAL began as the dream of Melvin Jones, a Chicago insurance man, in 1917. Mr. Jones urged local business clubs to unite for the betterment of their communities and the world at large.
· LIONS CLUBS INTERNATIONAL is recognized worldwide for service to the blind and visually impaired. This mission began at the international convention in 1925, when Helen Keller challenged the Lions to become her “knights of the blind in the crusade against darkness”.
· LIONS CLUBS INTERNATIONAL operates the world’s largest blindness prevention program, SightFirst.
· LOCAL LIONS CLUBS provide 600,000 free professional glaucoma screenings and make 20,000 corneal transplants possible each year.
· LOCAL LIONS CLUBS establish and support a majority of the world’s eye banks, hundreds of clinics, hospitals, and eye research centers worldwide.
· LOCAL LIONS CLUBS provide thousands each year with free quality eye care, eyeglasses, Braille-writers, large print texts, white canes, and guide dogs.
· LOCAL LIONS CLUBS are involved with other activities to assist the hearing impaired, increase diabetes awareness and education, and promote youth programs.
Lions Clubs International is the world's largest service club organization with more than 1.4 million members in approximately 46,000 clubs in more than 200 countries and geographical areas around the world.