We have proudly served the Donelson community since May 30, 1947!
Our members are very different in many ways, but we share a core belief that our community is what we make it. That's because we help where help is needed. In short, We Serve!
Here are some of the things our club has done recently:
- Assisted local residents with eyeglasses and eye exams.
- Presented dictionaries to all 3rd grade students at Hickman and Pennington Bend Elementary Schools.
- Planted dogwood trees along Lebanon Road in front of the Tennessee School for the Blind.
- Bought food and clothing for indigent families.
- Donated Teddy Bears to Metro Nashville Police and Fire Departments for children in tramautic situations.
- Donated funds for education of Blind students.
- Donated funds for education of Deaf students.
- Screened eyes of pre-school children.
- Collected hundreds of pairs of used eyeglasses.
- Donated funds for eye surgeries.
- Donated funds to provide guide dogs for the blind.
- Donated funds for adult blind employment and rehabilitation services.
- Donated funds to provide recorded textbooks for blind children.
If you (or your friends or family members) would like to become involved in an upcoming project, or join our Lions Club, you can contact us in one of these three ways:
- Call us at 615-319-5888
- Email email@example.com and request more information.
- Attend one of our monthly membership meetings to learn more about our group.
Lions Clubs International is the world's largest service club organization with more than 1.4 million members in approximately 46,000 clubs in more than 200 countries and geographical areas around the world.