Lions are kind and generous people who want to help. That's why we work on projects to improve our communities and protect the environment.
- Lions perform hands-on community service through Lions Crew at Work projects, including remodeling a non-profit community center, painting a shelter for the homeless or repairing a public park or playground.
- And around the world, Lions demonstrate our commitment to the environment through Lions Green Team projects that protect the planet by cleaning the environment, planting trees, recycling and educating others
Today's Children Need Lions More Than Ever
Millions of children suffer from poverty, homelessness, hunger, abuse, neglect, disease and disabilities. Tragically, these children often must live without essential health and education services that would alleviate their distress – and give them hope for the future. That's why the Lions Services for Children Program continues Lions Clubs International's long tradition of helping the world's future generations.
Lions Services for Children Projects
The problems children face vary in degree from country to country, but the need for health and education services is constant and universal. Lions clubs help address these needs by developing services for children – projects with specific, attainable goals, including:
- Collecting food, clothes or books
- Organizing a vision or hearing screening
- Providing immunizations through a vaccination drive
- Starting a literacy program with a local school, library, community center or Leo club
- Supporting a nutritional program for undernourished children
- Securing wheelchairs for disabled children
- Sending a child with diabetes or physical challenges to a specialized camp
Lions have also constructed hospitals, schools, orphanages and children's centers throughout the world to serve children in need.
Lions Clubs Code of Ethics
- To Show my faith in the worthiness of my vocation by industrious application to the end that I may merit a reputation for quality of service.
- To Seek success and to demand all fair remuneration or profit as my just due, but to accept no profit or success at the price of my own self-respect lost because of unfair advantage taken or because of questionable acts on my part.
- To Remember that in building up my business it is not necessary to tear down another's; to be loyal to my clients or customers and true to myself.
- Whenever a doubt arises as to the right or ethics of my position or action towards others, to resolve such doubt against myself.
- To Hold friendship as an end and not a means. To hold that true friendship exists not on account of the service performed by one to another, but that true friendship demands nothing but accepts service in the spirit in which it is given.
- Always to bear in mind my obligations as a citizen to my nation, my state, and my community, and to give them my unswerving loyalty in word, act, and deed. To give them freely of my time, labor and means.
- To Aid others by giving my sympathy to those in distress, my aid to the weak, and my substance to the needy.
- To Be Careful with my criticism and liberal with my praise; to build up and not destroy.
Lions Clubs International is the world's largest service club organization with more than 1.4 million members in approximately 46,000 clubs in more than 200 countries and geographical areas around the world.