Our officers for the 09-10 year.
Who We are
- The Council Bluffs Club was organized June 6, 1921 when DeVere Watson, who was in the state legislature heard about Lions Internationl and decided there needed to be a club in Council Bluffs and recruited some business friends to join him in forming a club. We have been an active club since then.
- Over the years we have been concentrating on Sight and Hearing problems in our community.
- Currently we are heavily involved in preschool eye sceenings doing about 1400 children a year.
- We also help sending some children to Diabetes camp each summer.
- We collect used eye glasses and hearing aids.
- We help furnish refurbished hearing aids to people in our community.
- One of our members, an eye doctor, has a free eye clinic on Wed. noon when he offers a free eye refraction and we give out free used eye glasses that have been cleaned and checked for correction.
- We also support Iowa Lions Foundation and Lions Clubs International Foundation each year.
- We support Leader Dog for the blind each year.
Lions Clubs International is the world's largest service club organization with more than 1.4 million members in approximately 46,000 clubs in more than 200 countries and geographical areas around the world.