WELCOME TO THE CENTER POINT LIONS CLUB WEBSITE
Serving our Community Since 1949
Center Point, Texas
The small town with two names was born Zanzenburg in 1859 and changed to Center Point in 1872. The first settlers arrived around 1851-2. Located in eastern Kerr County this town was the center of activity for a number of years. The original name came from Dr. Charles de Ganahl who opened a post office in his home in 1859 and named the community Zanzenburg in honor of his ancestral home in Austria. When the post office was moved to the south side of the Guadalupe River, the new postmaster, Dr. G.W. Harwell, renamed the community. The town located halfway between Comfort and Kerrville as well as halfway between Fredericksburg and Bandera became Center Point.
Center Point is a small community and we need everyone to take part in things that concern us all. You have talents and gifts that are needed. Don't hide yourself, come join us!
Lions Clubs International is the world's largest service club organization with more than 1.4 million members in approximately 46,000 clubs in more than 200 countries and geographical areas around the world.