Our Motto Is "WE SERVE"!!
We have proudly served the CABOT community for over 60 years! We were "chartered" on June 30th, 1950.
Come join us at the ANNUAL "MEMORIAL" GOLF TOURNAMENT on Monday, September 12th, 2016 [1pm] Shotgun Start for a 4-Person Scramble at Rolling Hills Country Club in Cabot - $400 per team (includes green fees, golf cart, mulligans, door prizes and dinner for you & a guest). Entry forms are now available, as well as Corporate Sponsorships! Call today for more information!!
Our PANCAKE BREAKFAST will be held at CABOTFEST on Saturday, October 8th, 2016 [6am-10am] at First Baptist Church Fellowship Hall. Ticket prices: $5 Adults and $2 Kids under 10. Purchase in-advance or at-the-door.
Our members are very different in many ways, but we share a core belief - our community is what we make it. That's because we help where help is needed. In short, We Serve. Currently we have 33 members, but we are always looking for a few more new faces!!
Here are some of the things our club has done recently:
- "Heroes For Health" 1K Fun-Run/Walk for school children - Invited to dress-up as their favorite Super Hero (fitness & diabetes awareness/prevention event)
- Donated a new Vision-Screener to multiple Elementary Schools
- Sponsored at least Two Cabot High School student to attend The National Leadership Forum at Harding University
- Presented a $1000.00 Scholarship to a Graduating Senior fromCabot High School
- Purchased numerous eye-exams & new eyeglasses for local youth & adults, who needed assistance
- Volunteered to help blind & visually-impaired campers go BOWLING at "Camps for the Blind" - Yorktown Bay
- Sponsored in-need adults to Mid-South Sight & Hearing Services for much needed glaucoma & cataracts surgeries
- Sponsor candidates to attend the "National Leadership Forum" at Harding University each year
- Collected, counted & sorted approximately 1500 pair of used eyeglasses & shipped to SVOSH Recycling Center, each year
- Working with local Middle Schools' art teachers for entries in PEACE POSTER Contest
If you (or your friends or family members) would like to become involved in an upcoming project, or join our Lions Club, you can contact us in one of these three ways:
- Call us at (501) 920-2122
- Email one of our Club Officers and request more information
- Attend one of our monthly membership meetings to learn more about our group
Lions Clubs International is the world's largest service club organization with more than 1.4 million members in approximately 46,000 clubs in more than 200 countries and geographical areas around the world.