The Brownsfield Lions Club, chartered March 24, 1958, has over half a century of service to the community. Our membership is diverse, but we are all united by the common thread of service to others. As part of its many projects throughout the years, our club has:
- Provided eyeglasses/eye examinations to those in need
- Referred those requiring eye surgery to the Louisiana Eye Foundation in New Orleans
- Volunteered to work at the Louisiana Lions Camp in Leesville
- Sponsored a local Boy Scout Troop
- Donated scholarships to deserving area students
- Distributed presents at the Southdowns School Christmas Program
- Provided Christmas Baskets to the needy
- Supported the CubSight program by screening children in local daycare centers
- Funded the construction of wheelchair paths for handicapped children at a local school
- Provided volunteer workers to the "Miles for Smiles" Bicycle Tour
The fund raising accomplished by our club primarily supports our state’s two main projects, the Louisiana Eye Foundation and the Louisiana Lions Camp. Brownsfield’s contributions throughout the years have been both consistent and generous. Although we are not large, Brownsfield Lions Club has provided District 8-N with six Past District Governors and the state with a Past International Director. We look forward to many more years of living up to the Lions Club Creed “WE SERVE”.
Lions Clubs International is the world's largest service club organization with more than 1.4 million members in approximately 46,000 clubs in more than 200 countries and geographical areas around the world.